You can read here about any vacancies currently on offer at Fearnhill. As a learning community, we believe that everyone working at the school is continually learning and is entitled to appropriate professional development. We work closely with the North Herts Teaching Alliance and other providers, and all staff work within our appraisal system to ensure they are supported and given the right tools to succeed. Do get in touch if you would like to learn more about how we support all staff to succeed in our friendly and supportive community.
Title of Post: Leader of Inclusion
Salary Grade and hours: MPS/UPS + TLR 1b
Start Date: April or September 2021
If you are in education to make a real difference to young people’s lives, Fearnhill is for you. We are on an exciting journey with significant improvement evident across the school, growing popularity with parents and an environment for professional development that is second to none. Achievement at all key stages is on a marked upward trend and the school has responded with creativity and determination to the challenges of Covid-19. We now have an opportunity for an inspirational and innovative leader of inclusion to fulfil the role of SENCo and ensure inclusive provision across the school. We are looking for an ambitious colleague with vision, determination and enthusiasm to build further on the progress we have made ensuring that all students reach their full potential. This strategically significant post will suit a candidate with some middle leadership experience (though this is not essential), who is looking for whole school responsibility as preparation for senior leadership. You must have a passion to see every student achieve to the best of their ability and be resolute in challenging barriers to their success.
You will be:
• Familiar with current legislation around provision for students with SEN (though a SENCO qualification is not essential; full training will be supported for the right candidate)
• An analytical thinker who can analyse data to plan and deliver effective intervention
• An excellent classroom practitioner with an understanding of how children learn
• A team player with excellent interpersonal skills
You will be responsible for:
• Managing provision for students with identified SEN
• Leading intervention in core subjects, working closely with heads of subject and monitoring the progress of key student groups, including the higher attaining
• Leading and managing a team of dedicated, experienced and enthusiastic teaching and operational staff
Please email Liz Ellis, headteacher, at email@example.com for more information and to arrange an informal discussion about the role. We look forward to receiving your application.
Job Description – please click here.
Closing Date: Friday 5th February 2021
Interviews (remotely): Thursday 11th February 2021
Fearnhill School is committed to recruiting with care and safeguarding the welfare of children and young people; we expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All posts are subject to an Enhanced Disclosure application to the Disclosure and Barring Service and check against the ISA barred list for children, plus verification of the right to work in the UK.