Key Stage 3
Year 7 to Year 9
The school provides courses for pupils at all levels of ability, and regards the education of all pupils as equally important.
Pupils follow a common curriculum for the first three years, after which they select courses appropriate to their needs under the guidance of parents and teaching staff:
Year 7 students are taught in mixed ability groups except for Maths, English and Science where they are taught in sets.
At Key stage 3 students will study
- Humanities (History, Geography, R.E.);
- French; Science;
- Personal, Social and Health Education;
- Physical Education.
* Creative Studies to support students in developing literacy skills
* In Year 7, students study either French or Spanish.
* Maths, English and Science are taught in ability sets at Key Stage 3
* All students start GCSE Science in Year 9