Running alongside the pastoral year system we have a House System here at Fearnhill School. It is mainly used for competitions (sports, musical events, X- Factor competitions; debates; Charity events etc.).
The purpose of the house system is to encourage healthy competitions between the students and to give the opportunity to students of all ages to come together and get to know each other.
PROTOCOL AND PROCESS
Each House has a colour associated with it (see above) and a member of the SLT as its head (see above)
- Each House has an assembly at the end of each half term – to be taken primarily by the Head of the house.
- Each student is allocated a House so that each tutor group has representatives of all 4 houses (including Sixth form students).
- Each House has its own tie (colours as per the above). Sixth form students will be given badges instead (colours as per the above).
- Each House has a House Captain and two vice captains (from the Prefect Body).
- Each House also has a Sports Captain and a Charities Captain (from the Prefect Body)
- The House System is used to run all manner of competitions; Sports Day; to have a Charity associated with it etc.