HEALTHY EATING AT FEARNHILL
Fearnhill School is proud to work in partnership with Herts Catering Ltd, to provide students with a varied menu using quality ingredients.
Available at mid-morning break:
- Freshly made, deep filled baguettes, wraps and rolls
- A selection of fresh fruit
- Hot Wraps, Panini Melts and bacon and sausage rolls
Our lunch service includes:
- A meal of the day, including freshly prepared meat with selection of vegetables or vegetarian option and a choice of dessert
- Pasta Pot (100% durum wheat) with choice of sauces with garlic bread
- Jacket potatoes with a daily choice of hot and cold toppings
Individual items to purchase include:
- Wraps, paninis, cheeseburgers and chicken burgers
- Selection of desserts such as cheesecake and fruit pots
Water, chilled juices and flavoured waters are also available.
The canteen offers regular themed days throughout the year including a Curry Feast, Chinese, Mexican and American as well as a Christmas lunch in December and a BBQ at the end of the summer term.
Payment for food can be made daily, weekly and in advance by making payment via the Schoolcomms app or using the cashloader in school. At Fearnhill, in line with many other schools, we operate a cashless catering service using thumbprint biometric technology. This means parents can monitor what their child is eating, and by paying online in advance there is no need for students to bring cash to school.
Students are able to bring a packed lunch if preferred but must not include any type of fizzy drinks. Water is always available to students from the various drinking fountains or the canteen.