Please note, due to Covid-19 restrictions we have made some temporary changes to our usual canteen service. Notably, there is no break time service and our menu at lunchtime is restricted to pasta pots, wraps, paninis, sandwiches and a selection of desserts. Payment is only accepted in advance via the School Comms app and the cash loader is not in use.
HEALTHY EATING AT FEARNHILL
Fearnhill School is proud to work in partnership with Herts Catering Ltd, to provide students with a varied menu using quality ingredients all served in our canteen, Fearnhill Food Hall.
Available at mid-morning break:
- Freshly made, deep filled baguettes, wraps and rolls.
- A selection of fresh fruit.
- Hot wraps, panini melts and bacon and sausage rolls.
Our lunch service includes:
- A meal of the day, including freshly prepared meat with selection of vegetables or vegetarian option and a choice of dessert.
- Pasta pot (100% durum wheat) with choice of sauces with garlic bread.
- Jacket potatoes with a daily choice of hot and cold toppings.
Individual items to purchase include:
- Wraps, paninis, cheeseburgers and chicken burgers.
- Selection of desserts such as cheesecake and fruit pots.
Water, chilled juices and flavoured waters are also available.
Fearnhill Food Hall offers regular themed days throughout the year including a Curry Feast, Chinese, Mexican and American as well as a Christmas lunch in December and a BBQ at the end of the summer term.
Payment for food can be made daily, weekly and in advance by making payment via the Schoolcomms app or using the cashloader in school. At Fearnhill, in line with many other schools, we operate a cashless catering service using thumbprint biometric technology. This means parents can monitor what their child is eating, and by paying online in advance there is no need for students to bring cash to school.
Students are able to bring a packed lunch if preferred but it must not include any type of nuts or fizzy drinks. Water is always available to students from the various drinking fountains or from Fearnhill Food Hall.