Fearnhill School’s origins lie in Letchworth Grammar School, which moved to the site in 1976 after the former site closed in July of that year. The building of the former grammar school is on Broadway in Letchworth Garden City town centre. After the School became a comprehensive it continued to be very successful in the town.
Part of the school is built on the site of an iron age hillfort, Wilbury Hill and funding has recently been allocated to upgrade the historic area for visitors. The setting of the school with its superb views across the Chilterns makes it clear why the site would have been a natural choice for our ancestors.
Illustrious former students:
- Dave Kitson, Premier League footballer
- Victoria Pendleton, Olympic and world champion track cyclist
- Simon West, film director
- Claire Rushbrook, TV actress
- Nicky Hunt, double Commonwealth gold medallist for archery 2010
- Ruth Goodman, social historian and TV personality
- Zak Wells, UK basketball team member
At Fearnhill School, we highly value our connection with our former students, celebrating the achievements and experiences with students and staff. The FHS Alumni keeps past students throughout our history in touch with one another and the school. Our members are invited back to mentor, guide and, most importantly, inspire our current students.
The FHS Alumni is open to former students, parents and staff. If you would like to become a member, please click here and complete the form.